CashStar, Inc. ("CashStar") is committed to maintaining the privacy of those that use our services. We created the following policy guidelines to explain how CashStar collects and uses the data you provide to CashStar and our clients when you visit this site and the Gift Card sites we operate for each of our clients (collectively, "Sites").
The Information CashStar Collects
CashStar collects information when you use the Sites and interact with CashStar. For example, we collect data when you purchase an eGift Card or Plastic Gift Card (collectively "Gift Card"), if you contact Customer Support, or if you participate in certain offers and promotions. We only collect as much information as we need for specific, identified purposes.
- Personal Information: When you purchase a Gift Card on the Sites, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, credit card payment information, billing address, and home/mobile telephone number. This information is collected to enable CashStar to process your order. We do not retain your entire credit card number and only store what is necessary for us to process your order and verify it in the future.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Sites, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. CashStar uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Sites. These persistent cookies can be removed, but each web browser is a little different. Please review your browser’s "Help" file to learn the correct way to modify your cookies setup. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our emails, we automatically record certain data using technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons," cookies (discussed above), IP addresses, and unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses). "Automatically collected" data includes web browser type, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
- Client Provided Information: When CashStar manages promotions or other services for a client (a company or organization to which CashStar provides business services) a unique identifier is shared with CashStar in order to process the Gift Card generation and redemption activity on behalf of that Client. CashStar does not receive any personally identifiable information from these unique identifiers, which are used solely to process the promotional activity.
The Way CashStar Uses Information
CashStar uses the information that we collect to:
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the services and promotional offerings found on the Sites;
- Contact you for order verification and customer service purposes;
- Process and record Gift Card viewing and redemption activity and monitor usage trends and preferences;
- Improve the way the transactions work and look and create new features and functionality;
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- Send you reminders, notices, administrative messages, and requested information, including such messages on behalf of our clients; and
- Occasionally send you marketing information about CashStar, its Clients, and business partners and their products and services.
The processing and use of the data you provide to us is done in the United States of America. By using the Sites and providing information to CashStar, you are expressly consenting to this.
When CashStar Discloses Information
CashStar will not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose Customer information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
We also reserve the right to disclose Customer information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Clients from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Sites; and to protect against fraudulent uses, the rights, property, or personal safety of CashStar, our Clients, or others.
In some cases if you decline to share personal information on the Sites, CashStar will not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also choose to opt-out of future marketing mailings. If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from our Clients, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
Access to your Data
If you have any questions about the data we collect, or if you think that any of the data we have is inaccurate, incomplete, or has been inappropriately used, please contact us at email@example.com. We retain the data we collect for as long as needed to provide you services and to maintain adequate records, resolve disputes, and meet our regulatory obligations.
Our Commitment to Data Security
CashStar uses physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information, including secure physical hosting sites with limited access and encryption for the storage of your data. All personal and financial information is transmitted using the https protocol over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), utilizing state of the art technology for consumer protection. Behind the scenes, your web browser is sending all personal and financial information over SSL. We do however caution you about transmitting valuable bank or credit information in a public place (airports or cafes.) While your credit card company or bank will typically use security protection, you should try to ensure that you are using a secure network.
Notice to Residents Outside of the United States
CashStar complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. CashStar has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view CashStar’s certification, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor/
The Sites are not structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to, nor will we knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
If CashStar is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Consumers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
CashStar Contact Information
Attention: Legal Department
25 Pearl Street
Portland, ME 04101
Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.